ARK SW Downloads and Updates
To be able to use Aria glasses you will need to use the Mobile Companion app. You only need to use the Desktop Companion app if you wish to request Machine Perceptions Services (MPS) on data you’ve collected.
Mobile Companion App
The latest version is v135, go to ARK Software Release Notes to find out about the latest features.
The Aria Mobile Companion app is available on iOS as a beta app through TestFlight.
- On your phone, follow this invitation link to download the app.
- Open the TestFlight app
- Next to the Aria app, select Update
Follow one of these links on your Android device to download the app:
- Mobile Companion App APK v135 - recommended (64-bit architecture)
- Mobile Companion App APK v135 - for 32-bit architecture
To update the app, download and install the latest version.
On Android, if you see an error message such as, “For security, your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source,” you’ll need to enable your web browser to install unknown apps.
- Go to Settings → Apps & notifications → Advanced → Special app access → Install unknown apps.
- Select the app (usually your internet browser) that you want to grant permission to install from unknown sources.
- Select Allow from this source
Desktop Companion App
The latest version is v37, go to ARK Software Release Notes to find out about the latest features. To update the app, download and install the latest version.
Aria For MacOS Installer (Intel & Apple Silicon)
- Download Aria's DMG installer
- Open the downloaded file
- Drag and drop Aria.app to your Applications folder
- Double clicking on Aria.app to launch the app
Aria For Windows Installer
- Download Aria's Windows installer
- Open the installer and follow the instructions for the Aria Setup Wizard
- Sign the End-User License Agreement
- Select a Destination folder
- Once the Aria Setup Wizard is complete you should see Aria as a shortcut on your desktop and under the Start Menu
Aria For Linux Installer
It is important to note the app was only tested for that specific version under Gnome 42.5 and X11 (X Server) as well as Wayland. Any other debian-based distribution (Ubuntu 22.04 fork such as Kubuntu, Mint etc..) or any other desktop environment may or may not work.
- Download Aria's Linux debian package
- Right-click on the Deb file and select “Open With Other Application“.
- Select “Software Install” and then “Select” at the top-right.
- The Software Center will open up on the screen with information on the app you are installing.
- Select Install
The app will then be visible through "Activities"
Are the Companion apps open source?
No, the Mobile and Desktop app are Meta Licensed Materials and are licensed by Meta to research partners via organizational or individual research agreements. Go to projectaria.com to find out how to become a research partner.
This software is not part of Project Aria Tools, so it won’t be downloaded when you install Project Aria Tools Data Utilities, which is open source and licensed under Apache 2.0.