Project Aria Tools
Project Aria Tools provides open tooling to support researchers expand the horizons of Augmented Reality, Machine Perception and Artificial Intelligence.
This wiki provides documentation to support research using Project Aria data or the Aria Research Kit (Aria glasses and access to cloud services).
Aria data includes raw sensor data collected with Aria glasses and derived data generated by our Machine Perception Services (MPS). We also publish multiple open datasets captured by or simulating Aria glasses.
- projectaria.com - about the project, how to partner with Project Aria, learn about Grand Challenges and download datasets
- Project Aria: A New Data Platform for Egocentric Multi-modal AI Research - Project Aria Whitepaper
- VRS (Vision Replay System) - A file format optimized to record and playback streams of sensor data, stored in per-device streams of timestamped records
- EgoBlur - an open source AI model from Meta to preserve privacy by detecting and blurring PII from images
Overview of sections
Technical Specifications: hardware specifications, the different configurations Aria glasses can use for recording and an overview of extrinsics and intrinsics calibration.
Data Utilities: our opensource C++/Python library provides the ability to work with Aria raw sensor data as well as MPS data. We also provide binaries implemented in C++ to visualize the data.
- If you want to immediately dive in with the code, go to the Python Getting Started guide for a quick tour of the library in a Jupyter notebook.
Aria Research Kit: how to use an Aria glasses, the companion app or request Machine Perception Services.
- For documentation about the Aria Pilot Dataset , go to our previous wiki in Aria Data Tools. Please note, some of the file formatting will be different.
Tech Insights: technical deeper dives on domain-specific topics.
Attribution and Contributing: Citation information and how to contribute to Project Aria Tools.
SW Release Notes
Project Aria Tools SW Release notes are posted to Project Aria Tools GitHub repository, using Tags > Releases.
Release notes for the Aria Research Kit (requires Aria glasses) are posted to the ARK Release Notes section of this wiki.